About UsBio - Hal Rahn, President and COO Norcom Inc., Griffin
I have been married to Cathy Watson Rahn since 1979. Cathy and I are both from Savannah GA. We have lived in Griffin GA since 1985. We have son Matthew and a married daughter Sarah Beth.
President and COO, Norcom Inc., Griffin GA., (1993-Present)
Norcom Inc. is headquartered in Griffin, Georgia. It is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of paper based school supplies such as, notebooks, composition books, and filler paper.
All paper used in the process is sourced from certified sources verifying the wood was legally procured, and harvested in an environmentally sound way.
Prior to joining Norcom, I was with Union Camp Paper Corporation and the United States Navy.
I am retired Commander, United States Navy Reserves.
- Benedictine Military High School, Savannah, GA. Graduated 1972
- University of the South: Sewanee, TN. BA English 1976
- Armstrong State College, Savannah, GA. BS Chemistry 1979
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR. MS Operations Mgt. 1985
- Past Trustee, University of the South, Sewanee TN
- Current Advisory Board Member, University of the South, School of Theology
- Current Board Member and former Board Chairman, St. George’s Episcopal School, Milner GA
- Former Senior Warden and Vestry member, St. George’s Episcopal Church, Griffin GA
- Griffin Salvation Army advisory board member
- Rotary Club of Griffin member
I enjoy the outdoors and spend a great deal of time hunting and fishing. I am an avid reader and enjoy travelling when I can.
The Flint River needs YOU! And so does FRk.
Get involved today by visiting our Membership page and joining the FRk to start receiving information about our efforts to protect this vital resource for our region.
Connect with FRk on Social Media!