About UsBio - Paul DeLoach
Paul DeLoach, Chairman Emeritus
Paul is an underwater cave explorer with 40 years experience and 3,000 dives logged, exploring, surveying, mapping and conducting scientific investigations for the National Speleological Society, USGS, National Geographic Society, Mexican cave Studies Association and served as Project Coordinator for the US Deep Cave Diving Team’s Wakulla Springs Project. He was an early Explorer of cave systems in Mexico, the Yucatan Peninsula, The Caribbean Basin and the Canary Islands, and he co-led many projects in these regions. Paul has long been an advocate for protecting the Flint basin and its unique ecological, historical and cultural heritage and was a founding member of the Flint Riverkeeper, Inc. He continues to dive and kayak.
- Founding board member of Flint Riverkeeper and immediate past Chairman
- Retired SE Region Corporate Affairs Manager for Miller Brewing Company, 1984-2005
- *Graduate and Masters degrees in Business Administration from UGA.
- Post Graduate Certificates from New York University, Boston College and the Center For Creative Leadership.
- Civic and Leadership Roles: Chair, Albany Area ARTS Council, Inc.; Leadership Albany, 1985; Chair, Leadership Albany Board of Directors; Member , Leadership GA Board of Directors; Chair, Albany Technical College Board of Directors; Co- Chair Florida Speleological Survey; Founding Member, SW Ga Regional Water Task Force, Inc.; and Member, Governor's Drought Contingency Task Force.
Paul and his wife Kate live on a small farm in Sumter County with an array of dogs, cats and horses.
The Flint River needs YOU! And so does FRk.
Get involved today by visiting our Membership page and joining the FRk to start receiving information about our efforts to protect this vital resource for our region.
Connect with FRk on Social Media!